Monday, September 12, 2016

Academy Update

Hey Everyone!
First off I just want to say how thankful I am for all the feedback and support you have given us over the past three weeks. I have personally spoken to about twenty of you and I am humbled by the compliments and positive feedback we have received. It only motivates us to continue putting in the work and the make this GK Program something amazing!

I wanted to give you an update on the training we have been doing. With the exception of a few kids, everyone has done very well with the effort they are putting into training. As a Coach I am looking for three things: Can you follow rules by listening to instruction, Are you trying to implement those instructions in practice, and finally are you giving your best effort. Ironically, you may notice that it doesn't matter to us if you make the save but instead we need you to be coachable. The saves will come, what's most important in training is to learn the technique, listen to instructions, and put in a good hard hour of work.

The areas I see we can do the most improvement:

U8-U13
1) Listening - Surprising I know, but this is so valuable in practice. We disect and breakdown the material a lot more than in the older groups, so it is critical you listen and learn.
2) Work Ethic - It is easy to identify which kids are there because they want to be versus who is only there due to their parent's making them. i want to challenge you to get the most out of training. If GK isn't your thing, please stay at home, I promise I understand and won't get angry. But if you choose to come, Give Richie and I 60 minutes of hard work. We promise to make sessions as fun and enjoyable as possible.

U12-U18
1) Training yourself - We must be able to train ourselves. You only have GK training 1-2 times a week, That is not enough time to develop as a player. Learn to utilize practice time by making the most of it. Learn to hit volleys with pace, learn to train the other GK's on your team. I can only do so much! In sessions with higher numbers (over 5) Sometimes we split into two groups. When this happens I am trusting you with the simple tasks and if we physically can't hit a ball ten yards then we will have issues with performing.

I am looking forward to training this week! Bought a few new toys that we may experiment with this week! Also, be on the lookout for some big news coming later this week! I am very excited  about whats to come! As always, thank you for your hard work and feedback. Please feel free to contact us with any questions, concerns, or praises!

H+R


No comments:

Post a Comment